MAKING COLLARS IN THE UK SINCE 2004
Custom made collars, leads and coats from West Bay, Dorset UK
About Kitsch Collars
I developed my interest in fabrics whilst working in an historic silk mill on turn of the century industrial looms. I was involved with the weaving of gorgeous fabrics such as ottomans and organzas for west end theatrical productions and international films, authentic fabrics for historical houses and the very top interior designers. My credentials are deeply entrenched in the making of fabric from the beginning through to the end product.
At that time I rescued my first lurcher Big Cal. He had been in rescue kennels for over two years. The love affair with sighthounds well and truly began for me and my family.
On moving to London and adopting Spanner and then Leno from The Mayhew Animal Home, I started making collars in 2003. Leno slipped her collar one day and after a horrible few hours searching for her, an idea came to me. Leno was safe back at home and I wanted to keep her safe!
I started to make martingale collars for my hounds, embellishing them with sari borders from neighbouring Southall. Other dog walkers would say “where did you get that beautiful collar?” I realised then that other hound people also would like to have their canine friends in similar attire. From this very modest start I began to explore the possibilities of starting my own business.
Thus so far, I have made many friends in the doggie world which has given me great pleasure. I am pleased to be able to give back (in the way of free collars for auctions, along with heavily discounted collars to sell at shows, kennels and charity websites) a little helping hand to those charities that try so hard to comfort and home those hounds that have been less fortunate in their lives, but will hopefully find that loving home.
I am now lucky enough to live in beautiful West Bay, Dorset with my young family, partner and currently houndies Limpet the tripod, Mrs Doyle who is deaf and blind in one eye and Scampi who is disabled and blind!
I search high and low for beautiful trims for my collars. The trims are all woven on Jacquard looms and are sourced from India, America and beyond. The coats are designed for sighthounds and fitted to your dog’s measurements. My standards are high as should yours be! I am proud of my delivery times. Orders are usually sent well within one week, usually the same day!
I believe you will find these collars and coats second to none.
Custom made collars, leads and coats…
Kitsch Collars supports and donates to multiple Sighthound charities.
Payments are securely processed by PayPal. Your credit or debit card details are never passed on.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook and keep informed on our latest news and special offers.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter and keep informed on our latest news and special offers.
A SMALL SELECTION OF OUR PRODUCTS
- The best quality coats, I got Marleys coat, I’m sure its 4 years now and it looks as good now as it did the first day she wore it, so well designed, really want to buy her another but you make them so well they last for ever
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
- I was having trouble finding a warm coat with a snood and belly warmer and these coats came highly recommended. And I can see why!
They are extremely well made, fits perfectly and so warm!
It’s the best dog coat I have come across for Greyhounds
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
- Kitsch Collars is the ‘go to’ place for beautiful coats and collars for hounds of all shapes and sizes. Excellent quality and a fantastic range to choose from coupled with swift delivery. A fashion conscious hound should not be seen in anything else.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
- Love the matching collars and leads. Over two years and still as good as new. Really would love it to wear out as I bought a spare set and haven’t yet needed to use it. Really are made to last.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
- Dolly makes the most beautiful martingale style collars for Sight Hounds from Italian Greyhounds to Irish Wolfhounds and also sources the cosiest dog coats I’ve seen. Our 12 year old Greyhound was snug and cosy in hers on a trip to Zermatt, Switzerland, last February, even at 3,100m above sea level!
The service is speedy too. This week, Baby Charlie’s big winter coat arrived just over 24 hours after I ordered it! It fits beautifully and will keep our chilly lad nice and cosy in the cold weather to come.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★